Patient Rights Under HIPAA CFR 164.524
1. Patient’s fundamental rights to receive the privacy notice.
2. Right to access, inspect and copy.
3. Right to amend and correct medical records.
4. Right to authorize non-treatment uses via valid authorization.
5. Right to accounting of disclosures of health information.
6. Right to request restrictions on use of health information.
7. Right to request alternative channels of communication.
8. Right to complain to entity or HHS.
All anesthesia records become part of the patient’s medical records, which are maintained with the patient’s records at their physician’s office, and therefore any requests associated with the patient’s rights would be handled through your practicing physician or surgeon.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your rights, please fill free to contact our business office in writing at:
6400 SE Lake Road, Suite 300
Portland, OR 97222-2129